Sunday, February 10, 2002

02/10/02

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: 2/8/02
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 15:44:03 -0500
From: David L. Graves
To:
Donald,
Sorry I haven't answered your email until today. I have been "lazy" recently. I suppose it is "early Spring fever" as I have not wanted to do anything. Perhaps, it is also because Carolina basketball is so BAD! I usually love basketball season and this year has been so disappointing that I am now ready for the summer!!
We did have our get-to-gether in January and had 24 people attend! Actually, we had figured maybe as many as 10 would be there, so we were really excited when 24 showed up. We had four come who did not attend the reunion. They were: Leon Miller ( all the way in from Shreveport, La!) Bette Lee Ferree Weaver, Peggy Rich Wilkes and Jack Caviness.
Jack is now pastor of a Baptist Church in Eden. I found him on the "Classmates" site and invited him to come. He did and I will say that he looks much the same, although he has gained some weight as we all have.
Leon had had brain surgery and has been recuperating for many months. He looked great and seemed to really enjoy himself. It was good to see Peggy and Bette Lee again, also.
Besides those I listed above and Diana and myself, we also had the following: Doris Miller, Eddie Wilkes, Betty Stout Albright, Julia Ann Bryant Gregson, Judy Brookshire, who brought her husband, Glenn, (Glenn said that we have more fun at our reunions than his stodgy old class and didn't want to miss anything!) Lloyd Hamlet, Barbara Ward Covert, Delores Kirkman Lewis, Gwen Presnell Ferguson, Joan Henry Hooker, Loretta Jane Craven Stephenson, Nancy Hall York, Faye Hill Furr, Margaret Ann Cox, Betsy Bouldin Kearns, Sylvia Cox Moffitt, Faith Carroll, and Edna Faye Pugh Cobb.
Everyone enjoyed gabbing during lunch and afterwards we had a very brief meeting in which we decided to meet again in April. Most want to meet each quarter of the year. (Alot of other AHS classes meet quarterly) We certainly took into consideration your being busy every Wednesday, so we have booked the Deli for Thursday, April 11! Please be sure and mark this on your calendar.....the 11th at 1:00 p.m. During the interim, please get some ideas in your head and present them about meeting quarterly, where, what should we do, etc. We all just want to continue seeing one another; perhaps doing something a little different, or hear any suggestions and vote on them.
It is just so good to see one another more often than 5 or 10 years.
I look forward to hearing from you! Oh yes, by the way, we now have $1,013.25 in a CD at First Southern....proceeds from our "Silent Auction"! Not a whole lot of interest, but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!
Janet
----- Original Message -----
From: don
To: David Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 1:12 PM
Subject: 2/8/02

Hi

What happened about the (quarterly ?) get togethers in Asheboro., I think we tried one which I could not make and wonder if there is any thing else going on.

don redding
1 11 p m 2 8 02 friday